Research Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering & Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
4204C Engineering Building III NC State University (919) 515-1271
M.A. in Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE Ph.D. in Chem. Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, BG Post-Doc in Bioengineering, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Research and Publications:
Research Area: Biomedical Microdevices
Research Interests: Biomolecular Engineering, Cell-Specific Targeting for Angiogenesis and Neovascularization
1. A. N. Veleva, D. E. Heath, J. K. Johnson, J. Nam, C. Patterson, J. J. Lannutti, S. L. Cooper, Interactions between Endothelial Cells and Electrospun Methacrylic Terpolymer Fibers for Engineered Vascular Replacements, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A, 91A (2009) 1131.
2. S. Srivastava, P. Charles, X. Pi, I. Moreno, A. N. Veleva, E. Hilliard, P. Lockyer, C. Patterson, J. Aitsebaomo, Interleukin-11 has a Novel Role in Proliferation and Migration of Cultured Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Vitro and Mobilization of Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Vivo, Circulation, 118 (2008) S480.
3. A. N. Veleva, D. E. Heath, S. L. Cooper, C. Patterson, Selective Endothelial Cell Attachment to Peptide-Modified Terpolymers, Biomaterials, 29 (2008) 3656.
4. A. N. Veleva, S. L. Cooper, C. Patterson, Identification and Initial Characterization of Novel Peptide Ligands that Bind Specifically to Human Blood Outgrowth Endothelial Cells, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 98 (2007) 306.
5. A. N. Veleva, S. A. Khan, S. L. Cooper, Oxidative and Hydrolytic Stability of a Novel Acrylic Terpolymer for Biomedical Applications, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A, 74A (2005) 117.