Directions & Maps
The Department of Biomedical Engineering offices are located in 152 MacNider Hall at UNC, and Engineering Building 3 (EB3) Room 4130 at NCSU. Both departments are within 20 miles of Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
From NCSU to UNC
- Take 40W to Exit 273A toward Chapel Hill.
- Take Exit 273A and merge onto 54W and continue 3.1 miles until you reach the US 15-501 bridge.
- Take the first exit immediately under the bridge to continue on 54W/15-501 South, toward Carrboro and Pittsboro.
- After 1.0 miles, turn right onto Manning Drive.
- After 1.2 miles, turn right onto Columbia Street. MacNider Hall is located on the right just before the Health Sciences Library.
From the front of the Health Sciences Library, go to the right side of the building and walk over to a descending stairwell on your right. Go down the stairs, into the building (MacNider Hall), and up one flight of stairs (immediately ahead of you) to the first floor. Enter, turn right, and walk down the hall to 152 MacNider Hall.
Visitor parking is available at the Dogwood Deck, located on Manning Drive 0.3 miles before you reach Columbia St. To enter the Dogwood Deck, turn left onto East Drive, and immediately right into the deck. The cost of parking is $1.25 per hour, with a maximum of $6 per day. Discount coupons for all-day parking can be purchased at the Cashier's Desk in the Main (Memorial) Hospital lobby between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Discount coupons come in books of five and cost $20 per book.
From UNC to NCSU
- Take 40E toward Raleigh. Take exit 289 toward I-440/US-1 N/Wade Ave.
- Take the exit onto I-440 S/US-1 S toward I-40 E/Hillsborough St/Sanford.
- Exit onto Western Blvd toward NC State Univ/Downtown.
- Turn right onto Avent Ferry Rd, followed by a left onto Centennial Pkwy
- Turn right onto Oval Dr. Proceed to the end of Oval Dr.
To reach EB3 from the end of Oval Drive, walk through the open breezeway into the courtyard between Engineering Buildings 1, 2 and 3. EB3 will be on the left (southeast) side of the courtyard. BME is located on the 4th floor, with the main office in room 4130.
EB3 visitors can purchase a daily permit ($2) at the Centennial Campus Information Booth located on Varsity Drive. Campus maps, brochures and parking maps are also available.
Additionally, Centennial Campus is home to a university hourly pay lot, conveniently located on Partners Way near the Engineering Buildings. Visitors can park in the hourly parking deck at the rate of $2 for first hour, $1 for each additional hour, and $6 daily maximum. Visitors may also purchase daily permits at the Visitor Information Centers throughout campus, as well as at the NCSU Transportation Office. The Transportation Customer Service area operates from 7am - 5pm, Monday through Friday. Permits may also be purchased online .