The i4 Program is a novel initiative within the UNC/NC State Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering that melds traditional undergraduate engineering education with biomedical entrepreneurship. Composed of four phases of need Identification, Ideation, Innovation and Implementation, this design program culminates in an annual competition awarding a financial prize that supports further intellectual property development and the eventual formation of student-founded companies. Bringing talented students together with highly accomplished academic, clinical and industry professionals, the i4 Program drives young, innovative entrepreneurship into the Triangle region while fostering the creation of practical solutions to real-world problems.
If you are part of the i4 competition, please regularly check here to keep up on the most recent news, dates and related information!
- Great job to all teams that competed at the first i4 Pitch of the year on November 20th!
- Spending of funds can be done now through Wednesday, February 7th.
- Purchase must be done through Carol Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org). First, fill out the form below (under “Other Forms”) with the appropriate information, then send to Carol.
- Funds can be spent on anything that helps advance your project including materials/consumables, prototyping costs, consultation/legal fees, etc. Infrastructure types of items (e.g., computers/laptops, etc) are generally not allowed. Ask if you have questions.
- 11/17/2017 – The judge scorecard is provided in Pitch 1 Information below. Have a look as it will help you refine your presentation and address aspects that the judges may want to know.
- Pitch 1 will be held Monday, November 20th at the North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- Pitches will start at 4:30 PM! (venue opens at 4:00)
- The deadline for registering for Pitch 1 is Friday, November 10th!
- The registration form for is at the following link: 2017-Pitch1-StudentRegistrationForm
- Pitch 2 will be held Monday, February 19th at the North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- The final pitch as well as the BME Senior Design Symposium will be held Wednesday, May 2nd
Pitch 1 Information
- Pitch 1
- General instructions for Pitch 1 are here: 2017-Pitch1-InformationForStudents
- Slides in powerpoint format and pdf (as a backup) need to be sent to email@example.com on Sunday, November 19th
- Make sure to have your team name as the file name for your slides
- Pitches will start at 4:30 PM – venue opens at 4:00.
- The scoresheet that judges will use to help evaluate team pitches is here – 2017-2018 I4 Pitch-1 Judge Scorecard
- Purchase form is here – i4_team_formfinal – submit to Carol Dawson after filling it out.
For more information or questions, please contact Lauren Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shawn Gomez (email@example.com)